20 Apple Snow Leopard Annoyances (and their solutions)
Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 08:00 PM EST
Contributed by: Seker
Luis Villazon has submitted an article at TechRadar UK that outlines some of the more annoying issues that people may run across while using Apple's Mac OS X Snow Leopard operating system (next to the issues with NTLM, of course). It's a nice compilation with some of the solutions being the harder ones to figure out (e.g., tracking down a corruption issue with Smart Groups in Address Book). The annoyances:
- Exposé leaves windows in the background
- Can I stop the screensaver from closing?
- I can't log in as root user when using Terminal
- My Time Machine backups are broken
- Files don't open in the right application
- How can I change the Stacks display?
- How do I get a Stack's items to be highlighted on mouseover?
- Can keyboard shortcuts open applications?
- Address Book and Mail crash at the same time!
- Exposé doesn't work on the Dock when I'm using Spaces
- Where have some of the preferences gone?
- How can I find and open a single hidden file?
- How do I get rid of the blue glow in Exposé?
- The icons from the menu bar have vanished
- Snow Leopard won't install on the hard disk
- Can line breaks be added in Text Substitution?
- I can't change application icons
- QuickTime X won't auto-play
- I can't run Windows apps via Parallels
- QuickTime videos simply refuse to play