Login
Welcome to The Grim Admin
Saturday, March 25 2017 @ 03:52 AM EDT
 Forum Index >  Grim Admin Software and Scripts >  File Searcher by Owner
 Re: Suggestions for future release
   |  Printable Version
By: kmantis17 (offline)  Tuesday, January 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM EST (Read 3506 times)  
kmantis17

Hi there,

Really like the app - very useful when trying to get users to clean up network drives.

Wondering if you have ever considered providing the ability to select additional fields in the results, for example Date Modified and Date Accessed would be usefull in helping a user determine whether or not they nreally need said file any longer. It would be great of these were selectable by the user running the tool instead of being hard coded.

Also, if you could select Owner as a column in the results it would be useful for admins to be able to run the tool with no user selected in order to basically search all the files in the entire directory and then sort the results by Owner. This would be a major time saver when figuring out where to start when trying to clean up a network share to free up space.

Thanks!

Forum Grim Hatchling
Grim Hatchling

Profile Email    

By: Seker (offline)  Friday, January 20 2012 @ 10:20 PM EST  
Seker

Both those suggestions sound reasonable. I will try to work them into future updates.

Thanks for trying out the software!

-mike

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email Website  

By: oceana11 (offline)  Wednesday, December 30 2015 @ 07:50 AM EST  
oceana11

I am doing MIT and I am passionate about networking. I read this thread and I just want to tell you that you should not delete network drive you just need to secure that drive by giving restriction. before a month I submit an essay on "network drive mapping" that is purchased from EssaysOnSale.com and they satisfied me by giving their quality service.

Forum Grim Hatchling
Grim Hatchling

Profile Email    

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:52 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content