Login
Welcome to The Grim Admin
Thursday, April 27 2017 @ 10:38 PM EDT
 Forum Index >  Grim Admin Software and Scripts >  Screensaver Operations
 Admin for a multi-use computer
   |  Printable Version
By: blockie (offline)  Tuesday, May 14 2013 @ 11:19 AM EDT (Read 2077 times)  
blockie

I am taking care of one computer in an Assisted Living facility. The computer is for the use of the residents of this facility. Because of their habit of just getting up and leaving when they have the info they want or they write an email, forget something ,get up and leave. Or they buy something online and after the purchase is completed they get up and leave with the browser still open.The next user then calls me to help them. I get a lot of calls.

Because of the above I setup individual user accounts with passwords. That alleviated most of the problems. Now, on occasion, a user will get into trouble and just get up and leave. With an unattended, open user account I have the same problem as before. It appears that if they DON'T forget to log off their account everything is OK.

But for those who don't log off I am thinking of putting in your screensaver to force a log off after a period of inactivity. However, I wish the auto-logoff to only work on the account. Once the computer is returned to the account selection page I wish the screensaver is turned off so that inactivity is not measured. I am only concerned about inactivity in user accounts left open..

I need help in setting this up on subject computer. I am not a very experienced admin, just some resident who volunteered that maintains his own computer. The computer that the residents use has a Windows 7 64 bit premier OS.

Forum Grim Hatchling
Grim Hatchling

Profile Email    

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:38 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content