After many years, we've released the next version of File Searcher by Owner!
File Searcher by Owner is the number one utility for finding files and folders owned by a particular user or group.
Much of the code has been rewritten and there are a number of new features in this release:
Version 220.127.116.11 (2020-05-15)
- New major version 2.x
- Upgrade .NET to 4.5.1
- Bug/Security Fixes
- New Features
- Added filename column to search list view
- Dropdown at bottom right to convert from bytes to kB (kilobyte), KiB (kibibyte), MB (megabyte), MiB (mebibyte), etc. all the way up to YB (yottabyte) and YiB (Yobibyte)
- Easily set owner on found files from the search list view
- Logging - click red (i) button at top-right
- Minor: Right-click "Send To" options fail to work
- Minor: Option to convert owner string from SID/SAM to User Principal Name (UPN) is unavailable when run on a Domain Controller or non-domain computer
- Search all files in a directory and see the current owners.
- Search for multiple owners at the same time.
- Save log file (for now you need to copy and paste the text to another platform or app)
- Add path & owner to log of searches
- Add date created/modified/accessed fields