3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 164 times)  

My token reached it's 1 year expiration, so I went to re-authenticate. The window pops up when I do a force reauthentication like below it briefly says "IE no longer supported", then never finishes loading. Presumably Blackbaud has disabled compatibility with IE.

PHP Formatted Code
Connect-SKYAPI -ForceReauthentication

Is there an easy work around? Or do I need to set an environment variable that changes the browser PS uses to do the authentication handshake? Open to any potential solutions.

Thanks

Grim Hatchling

I managed to get a work around, which should tide me over for another year until my token expires again.

Basically, I manually built the URL using lines 165-170 of SKYAPI.psm1 as a guide visited that url in a browser and got the authCode. Then manually called the rest of that function, lines 184-199, to replace the key.json file.

The issue appears to be with the Show-OAuthWindow function. Best I can tell, that function needs to use something other than Windows Forms to open a window for the authorization. Blackbaud doesn't appear to support IE 11 any longer.

Grim Hatchling

This still seems to work for me. I have it on the to-do list to find another way to authenticate without using the IE control and will take care of it this summer. I do see that Blackbaud has a message that the login page will "become inaccessible to users of Internet Explorer on August 1, 2022".

If you are on a server OS, I know that Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration causes issues and needs to temporarily be disabled sometimes when authenticating an app/script (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/developer/browsers/security-privacy/enhanced-security-configuration-faq).

Admin
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1